45 hours a week
As a Kitchen Assistant at Juliets you are a vital part of the restaurants engine room! You will be working under the guidance of both the Head Chef and Sous Chef.
- Ensuring the food preparation areas are clean and hygienic
- Helping when required the Kitchen Porter with cleaning and laundry
- Decorating cakes and arranging them on the counter for the customers to see
- Making sandwiches
- Making Afternoon Teas
- Providing excellent communication with the shop floor
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking meats, fish and vegetables
- Cleaning food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools and areas
- Covering the washup
What skills do I need?
- Understanding the importance of health and hygiene
- Plenty of stamina
- A great team player
- The ability to listen and learn – fast
What qualifications do I need?
This is the great bit – you don’t need any! If you’ve got a desire to learn to cook, common sense and commitment, you could go far.
Who would it suit?
This role is a dream for those of you who want to work as a chef, but haven’t been to catering college or obtained any qualifications. If you’ve got ambition and drive, you can train on the job and take advantage of learning on the job.
If you think you have what it takes please get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.
Juliet and the Team x